One of the unique features the QAV500 makes available is a down cam mount point for a GoPro at the tail of the frame. Take a QAV500 flight video with lots of down cam footage and the best, smoothest, and most original 5 videos/pilots as determined by myself and my crew of test pilots (including such luminaries as Enthlapy, Juz, K_G, Falco, Kevinv033, Peabody124, Rocky, and LemaLife) will pick the winners.
Each of the top 5 pilots will receive the following prizes:
- 1 fpvmanuals LayerLens
- 1 spare QAV500 aluminum milled and anodized arm
- 3 fpvmanuals Scorpion lipo straps
- 4 Orange RC bobbins
- Your video will be prominently featured on the http://QAV500.com product page with your name and link to your site or YouTube channel (screen name or real name — up to you)
It should be easy to get the prize as I have not seen anyone take down cam footage yet and this contest is only 2 weeks long. You might just win for taking a video with a down cam next weekend. Easy…
Take a look at the manual at http://qav500.com to see how/where to mount the down cam.
If you have 2 GoPros that you can use at the same time, you will have an easy time getting the CG right. If you only have 1 GoPro, make sure you place about 90g of weight on the nose of the QAV500 to help with the CG.
Place your lipo on the top of the flight controller cover to dial in the CG.
How to enter
- Upload your video to YouTube no later than
August 6th (Monday)August 20th (we extended the contest)
- Add a tag to your video on youtube of: qav500-down-cam
- Video should be shot in 1080p and should be as vibration free as possible. Mixing forward shots and downward shots gets extra credit
- Video can be recorded while flying LOS or FPV
- Make sure you check your YouTube inbox for notification in case your video was selected. Notifications should be sent out by
August 13thSeptember 1st.
- Don’t enter somebody else’s video. You must be the pilot of the video(s). You can enter multiple videos if you’d like.
- Must be flown with a genuine QAV500 frame — no commercial frame clone/copy entries or DIY builds.
- Prior to award being sent, we’ll need to verify your frame purchase with GetFPV.com