The GoPro Vibration Pad from FPV Manuals is an easy way to reduce prop vibrations in your recorded video. While this is not a 100% fix for all situations, it does reduce vibrations significantly by introducing 2 layers of vibration absorbing Neoprene and a vibration stopping ‘hard plate’ made out of robust Delrin. The GoPro Vibration Pad was first developed for the popular Pro Tricopter Delrin Kit, but can be used on any multi-rotor or plane.
- 1 Velcro band
- 1 double sided sticky Neoprene tape
- 1 single sided sticky Neoprene tape
- 1 Delrin Plate
- Attach the double sided sticky neoprene tape to your multi-rotor or plane where you want to mount the GoPro.
- Roughen the bottom of the black Delrin plate with sand-paper.
- Thread the velcro band through the two holding holes of the Delrin plate.
- While we use double sided sticky Neoprene tape, we found that it is safer to add CA to create a strong bond between the sticky Neoprene side and the Delrin. Apply a thin layer of CA to the sanded side of the Delrin. If you have accelerator, spray a very thin layer on top of the neoprene sticky back. Let the accelerator evaporate completely before pressing the Delrin plate with CA onto the neoprene. If the accelerator is still wet, the heat of the accelerator and CA will melt the neoprene!
- Stick the single sided sticky neoprene onto the top of the Delrin plate. No CA needed for this step.